3D Printing, Six Months Later
Sometime in the middle of this year, I decided I need a New Hobby™, and then I ordered a 3D printer ....
I did about everything wrong that one could do: Ordered a DIY kit and spent several hours almost every night over a timeframe of two weeks trying to build it — mostly because the kit was ... only semi-well documented and I did not have a proper workshop or tools to build it efficiently ....
Here's an (incomplete) list of the things I changed from the original kit:
- added feet for more clearance between heatbed and electronics
- exchanged electronics to a 32bit board and added a Smart Effector
- exchanged the corner brackets to full metal ones
- Switched to magnetic joints for the arms
- exhanged heat block / heatbreak / nozzle (multiple times, due to extreme clogging)
- switched to an ATX power supply
Currently, the printer is not printing well, because of trouble with the extruder and/or mechanics. I do not know what's wrong so I currently don't know how to fix it.
But that's OK, it probably is like Gibb's Boat; something to keep me busy, and not just distracted ... at least I do not need to tear down a wall when I want to move it.